Holidays and sweets go together like kids and presents.
Luckily, there's no shortage of places to get delicious, original holiday treats for residents of the greater Safety Harbor area.
We've come up with a list of some places that are selling an assortment of holiday themed goodies, from cookies to cupcakes to cannoli cakes. Yes, I said cannoli cake.
If you think of any place we forgot, let us know in the comments below.
- Pick Your Poison
- 100 Main St., Suite 103
- The Main Street cupcake cafe always comes up with original ideas, and they will be selling an assortment of holiday flavored delights, including candy cane, gingerbread and hot chocolate, throughout the month of December.
- Elizabeth's Gourmet Delights
- 2454 N. McMullen Booth Rd.
- This recent addition to the area baking scene sells a wide variety of goodies, but their specialty is the Linzer cookie, a European holiday classic that is like the Lays potato chip of holiday treats - you can't eat just one.
Ice Cream treats:
- Cold Stone Creamery
- 100 Main St., Suite 102
- Known for its delicious cold creations, the Harbour Pointe plaza shop is selling a slew of holiday themed desserts, including a Holly Jolly peppermint cake, a dark chocolate peppermint with Oreos concoction and a number of flavored ice creams.
- Peace, Love and Cake
- 839 Main St.
- The Main Street bakery has every type of holiday treat you can think of, including cookies, cakes, pies and pastries. Owner and accomplished baker Sarah Hill can customize orders if you call them in ahead of time.
- Cafe Orlando
- 500 Main St.
- The Main Street cafe's Facebook page has an ad for what looks to be an utterly intoxicating cannoli cake, described as "a whopping TWO pounds of homemade cannoli filling, nuzzled between layers of vanilla pound cake - topped with fresh whipped cream & toasted almonds." Hmmm, I wonder what everyone else would eat?!