What to Know If You Go: Taste of Safety Harbor 2013
The seventh annual edition of the massive food fest takes place Monday night at the Safety Harbor Spa and Resort.
Just weeks after many weight loss resolutions were uttered, Safety Harbor is hoping everyone breaks those promises — at least temporarily.
Monday night is the seventh annual Taste of Safety Harbor event, a food-filled extravaganza featuring dishes and drinks from over a dozen area restaurants and bars.
According to organizers, there are 16 establishments on the list of participants this year, including local favorites Nantucket Bucket, Bar Fly’s Saltwater Grill, Copperheads Tap House and Nolan’s Pub.
In addition to the food and drink, there will be a silent auction, music and awards handed out based on patron's votes.
Tickets for the event cost $25 in advance and can be purchased online though the Safety Harbor Chamber of Commerce website or at the Chamber, although they will be operating on a short schedule on Monday to prepare for the event.
You may also purchase tickets at the door, where the cost will be $30.
Bon apetit, Harborites!
What To Know If You Go:
- What: 7th Annual Taste of Safety Harbor
- When: Monday, Jan. 21, 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Safety Harbor Resort & Spa, 105 N. Bayshore Dr.
- Info: The event features food and drink from 16 Bay area restaurants, as well as a silent auction, entertainment and People's Choice Awards. The beneficiary of the event is the Safety Harbor Chamber of Commerce.
- Cost: Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door
- Parking: Free parking is available at the Spa or in any of the public lots around Main Street, including behind the Harbor Pointe complex diagonally across from the resort.
- Contact: To learn more about the event or purchase tickets, visit the Chamber of Commerce website or call 727-726-2890
Here is a list of the participating establishments and what the will be serving:
- Crispers - Kickin' crab chowder, tomato bisque, asst. sandwiches & signature summer salad
- Sam's Club - Baguettes with toppings, Bakery items
- Fitlife Foods - BBW Beef w/ mac & cheese & green beans
- Greektown Grille - Spanakopita, tzatziki, hummus & other appetizers
- Nantucket Bucket - lobster corn chowder
- Copperheads TapHouse - bottled beer samples
- Pick Your Poison Cupcake Cafe- mini cupcakes
- Beef O Brady's - boneless wings w/ dips/dressings
- Besa Grill - Fried plantains w/ fruit salsa & steakburger sliders
- Poblanos Mexican Grill - TBA
- Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza - meatballs, wings, egg plant, fresh mozzarella/tomato salad
- Coldstone Creamery - ice cream
- Safety Harbor Resort & Spa - crab cakes
- Nolan's Pub - beer samples
- Skara - TBA
- BarFly Saltwater Grille - fish tacos & beer