Group Home Controversy, Best Cuban in Town Made Headlines This Week
There were a number of stories on Safety Harbor Patch that caught readers' attention this week. Here's a few of them.
1. Concerned Citizens Sound Off on Group Home Issue: Residents of the Harbor Woods Village subdivision expressed outrage over the city's agreement to allow a family care home in their neighborhood.
2. Homemade T-shirts Turn Heads at Paul Ryan Rally: Romney-Ryan supporters Sue and Steve Looker of Safety Harbor designed homemade shirts that feature a morphed likeness of President Barack Obama and former President Jimmy Carter, labeled "Barack O'Carter."
3. Who Serves the Best Cuban in Safety Harbor?: First Choice Food & Deli? Safety Harbor Chevron? Somewhere else? You tell us!
4. Enter Patch's Facebook Cover Photo Contest: Upload your best photos here — yours might be picked to be Safety Harbor Patch's Facebook cover photo next month!
5. Meet the Artist: Carol Zieres: The career military woman used art as a way to make her many dwellings abroad feel like home.
6. Love Drums? Come to the Gazebo on Thursday Nights: The Sun Drummers and Dancers have been shaking up downtown Safety Harbor for seven years.
7. Safety Harbor Rotary Not Just About Networking: Although many people don’t realize it, the local chapter of the international club is heavily involved in charitable events and fundraisers.
8. Top-Notch Talent Being Discovered in Safety Harbor: The Model Placement Center has had a hand in the careers of Channing Tatum, Brooke Hogan and ex-Buc Michael Clayton, among thousands of others.
9. Funks Way Takes Recycled Art to Another Level: Jerry Baich’s Main Street shop features a wide selection of truly original handmade art.
10. Like To Save Money On Groceries? Here's a Way To Do It Using Patch! The Grocery Specials section on our home page features local grocery coupons and weekly specials that you can search, organize and print. Check it out!
Stay in touch with Safety Harbor Patch on Facebook! Follow us for updates, photos, breaking news and more throughout the day.